Home Re-Modeling Trends for 2015
Budgets for home remodeling projects and upgrading their living spaces get bigger as ideas become more personal and resale value with these projects comes into consideration. Fairfield County homeowners are looking to invest in their homes with various remodeling efforts from updating bathrooms, kitchen areas and expanding master suite closet areas.
Below you will find a listing of current trends in our area:
1. Bathroom budgets are going up as home owners pay for luxury bathrooms with a remodel job.
2. People are starting to put in a nicer master shower space and leaving the tub out or as a separate stand-alone item. Walk in showers with large rain head faucet’s and hand held sprayers are a new trend. Also fiberglass is out and tile is the must have item for both shower and floors.
3. Homeowners are either opting out of a tub option or simply offering a freestanding tub as an option with a bathroom remodeling job. A contemporary basin tub rather than whirlpool or fiberglass tubs.
4. Gray is the new beige for both kitchens and bathrooms. Gray is becoming the new modern standard for walls, cabinets and tile. It’s the new neutral color that has been playing out for the last few months yet, is expected to continue throughout 2015.
5. Homeowners are searching for custom cabinetry for kitchen space. This has become a more frequent option. Customizing your kitchen space with custom cabinetry will help you optimize the area and make every inch fully functioning.
6. Stainless steel appliances and granite counter tops are still high on demand. Yet, often custom cabinets are made to match the cabinets if the overall look of stainless isn’t wanted. Countertops are more than 80% granite in all new remodeling jobs. Offering a great look and overall durability into a home.
7. Another popular trend would be a master suite with walk-in closet space. People are buying more clothing and look for a room to display the clothing and use it as a changing area.
If you are interested in updating and remodeling your home please contact Executive Craftsman for a free estimate. We have been serving Fairfield County for over 20 years. We only offer the finest building products and workmanship with each job. building for living – www.ExecutiveCraftsman.com